Re: [O] removing "Figure x" from a caption

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] removing "Figure x" from a caption
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 15:28:59 +0100

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:
> Unfortunatey, I'm exporting to HTML (deck.js) not Beamer.  I guess I
> still on't understand how to use beamer -- I tried it just now and it
> seemed to produce a very plain pdf, not a slideshow at all.  sigh.

It may or may not have worked.  I cannot tell from your comment.  It
depends on what you mean by "plain PDF" and "slideshow".

Beamer is a document style and a collection of macros for LaTeX.  The
output of LaTeX will be a PDF file typically.  For a beamer document,
the PDF output is a set of pages where each page corresponds to a single
"slide".  The slide show is the sequence of these PDF pages.  Whether
this corresponds to your meaning of a slide show, I cannot tell.

I hope that makes some sort of sense...

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.1.1-17-gf76e8c