Re: [O] How to create new export modes derived from html

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] How to create new export modes derived from html
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:35:44 +0200

Hello,

Pascal Quesseveur <address@hidden> writes:

> In the past I have created 2 modes in Muse to produce help files from
> JavaHelp and CSH. Those modes derived throm html. I want to adapt them
> to org-mode (version 7.9). I think they could be implemented as a hook
> to html export. What do you think is the best way to create new
> exports in that case?

We rewrote export framework in Org 8.0. I suggest to use it instead.
IIUC, what you want to create is called a "derived back-end". There is
a section about it in the manual. Also, ox-md (Markdown back-end) in
core and both ox-s5 and ox-deck in contrib directory are all derived
from html back-end. You may want to look at them.

Do not hesitate to ask on this ML if you need help.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou