Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:24:55 +0530

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

>> And I agree with you, beginning of line is a good target column.
>
> On reading Nicolas's explanation, I agree too.  This is better.

The decision should be based on what the user would do after doing a
C-down and C-up.

If *you* use C-down and C-up for persusal (as yourself say), I don't
think you will use C-k immediately.  I sense that you are not
representing yourself in a consistent way.

Speaking for myself, I ran C-down and C-up on unit test file for ODT
export.  It is not a representative text.  It contains (deeply) indented
lists and multiple headline levels etc.  When the cursor is on a bol, it
is difficult to get a quick feedback on where exactly the cursor is.
i.e., I was forced to use hl-line-mode.