Re: [O] [bug] org-caldav-sync broken if entries have tables?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] org-caldav-sync broken if entries have tables?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:23:04 +0100

> Hello,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have just upgraded both org and org-caldav and now I can no longer
>> sync to my Google calendar.  I get the following error:
>
> [...]
>
>> There is nothing particularly strange about the table found at location
>> 49232 in my diary.
>
> Are you able to export a buffer (with any export back-end) containing
> only that table?

No, and I have figured out why.

<blush>

The table was ill-formed.  It was originally part of an email I had cut
and pasted into a diary item and I had never asked org to "format" it
which, if I had, would have added an extra column throughout.  It's
interesting that the exporter used to work.  It *is*, however, a long
time since I updated my org as I was away all of August (without a
computer!) and have been doing the headless chicken impression ever
since trying to catch up ...

</blush>

If it helps, here is a minimal example:

* table test for export
        |Milestone / Deliverable                              |WP
|Responsibl|Due:    |

        |M7.1  |UCL to have developed and exercised test bed  |7   |UCL
|30th    |

Note the extra | before the first UCL in the last line of the table,
something which I hadn't spotted.

Thanks for making me look at this closer and sorry for the noise.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.1.1-7-gaecdf5