Re: [O] Preview LaTeX fragment not working (for me)

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Preview LaTeX fragment not working (for me)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:32:31 +0200

Hi Evan,

Evan Misshula <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to Preview LaTeX fragment (11.7.4).  I have the preview
> working in Preview LaTeX but when I (C-c C-x C-l) org-mode shows empty
> boxes.

AUCTeX Preview LaTeX didn't work with Org last time I tried, but I'm
not sure whether you're referring to this or Org's preview
capabilities (which lack a bit behind AUCTeX's).

> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{tikz}
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{attrib}
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{amsmath}
> #+LATEX_HEADER:
> \usepackage{/home/evan/Documents/chicago/learning/Causality/bug.sty}
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \let\iint\undefined
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \let\iiint\undefined
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{dsfont}
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[retainorgcmds]{IEEEtrantools}

Do try to cut it to a minimum example and use less exotic packages.  I
don't want to install new packages for the sake of trying your
example.

In any case, it's probably a conflict of packages (some functions may
be defined twice).  On my system the files used to generate images are
stored in the root of /tmp (on a GNU/Linux system).

Also, check out the variable org-format-latex-header.

Also, on previewing in general: Do you use org entities?  They make
stuff like this pretty readable.  If you need more readability you can
even create math matrices with Org-tables.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
C is for Cookie