Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 22:13:54 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 09:48:53PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > 1. When traversing the file header, goes one line at a time.  I would
> >    expect to go to the next blank line.  In the attached Org file, from
> >    somewhere on #+TITLE to the blank line before the first headline.
>
> There no such thing as a "file header". I think that navigating through
> (regular) keywords is better, so that's a feature.

Okay agreed there is nothing called "file header", but would be nice to
skip all the setup stuff (wherever in the file) and get to the content.

> > 2. Skips whole source block even if there are blank lines.  So can't
> >    navigate large source blocks for small edits.  Try on the python
> >    source block under the first headline.
>
> I concentrate on Org syntax for now.

Okay.

> > 3. Goes through each row of a table instead of going over the table in
> >    one go.  Start with cursor on "From ConDBBrowser:".
>
> OK. Rows should be skipped now.

Confirmed.

> > 4. Skips the whole body under a headline when followed by link.  Try
> >    putting point on the headline "Important points" and move; you will
> >    jump to "Tagging Issues" instead of the link and the list after.
>
> That was a bug. Should be fixed.

Confirmed.

Apart from this I think I agree with Jambunathan, it would be nice if
the cursor was at some "reasonable" part of the line (probably at a
column closest to the column it was on before).  Otherwise, things look
good already :).

Cheers,

--
Suvayu