Re: [O] Adding text properties to all Org mode links

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Adding text properties to all Org mode links
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:39:58 +0530

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> I can't see the properties.  This is what I tried:

Did something happen with my snippet?  I see a tooltip (which is placed
afar from the link in question) in my machine.

> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
>         (lambda nil
>           ;; (setq-local default-text-properties
>           ;;          '(point-entered org-link-entered-maybe point-left
> org-link-entered-maybe))
>           (setq-local default-text-properties
>                       '(point-entered sa-echo-tooltip point-left
> sa-echo-tooltip))
>           ))

point-entered and point-left properties should have different values.
See

    (info "(elisp) Special Properties").

> As you see there is no mention of point-left or point-entered.

With point on the link try this:

    M-: (get-text-property (point) 'point-entered)

ps: There could be better way of gettting what you want.  Do your own
exploration.