Re: [O] [SYNC] How do you sync your org-mode files between n devices (n

From: Marc Ihm
Subject: Re: [O] [SYNC] How do you sync your org-mode files between n devices (n > 2)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 22:00:03 +0200

Hi,

My aproach is low-tech.

I manage two special files:
- token.txt, which (through shell-scripts) moves around with me and helps to
check,
  that I do not have multiple emacs open on different machines.
- open.txt, which is created by a small piece of elisp and helps to check,
  that I do not have multiple emacs open on the same machine.
With both files I can be sure, that there is only one single instance of emacs
open
on all my devices (other instances of emacs at least display a warning message).

Having this, synchronisation with rsync is quite easy.

With this approach I do not have merge conflicts (unless I mess up things
occasionally :-).
I use several instances of windows and linux, that are connected by network or
usb-stick.

best regards,
Marc