Re: [O] mixed orgmode installation

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] mixed orgmode installation
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 21:20:27 +0200

Johannes Rainer writes:
> is there a "clean" way to disable the built in org from emacs?

Short answer: no.

> I'm loading org mode from git externally, but newer emacs always come
> with org mode included.

That's not a problem as long as you set up the load-path to point to the
install made via Git before loading Org.  I don't recommend working from
a Git tree directly because it's just too easy to mess up with the
autoloads or have stale byte-compiled files somewhere that you forgot
about.

> would just deleting the org folder in the emacs (am using Emacs.app on
> mac) installation help?

No.  Leave your Emacs installation alone, unless you fancy compiling
your own Emacs.  Install Org into site-lisp, whereever that is on Mac.

Regards,
Achim.