Re: [O] [SYNC] How do you sync your org-mode files between n devices (n

From: Paul Rudin
Subject: Re: [O] [SYNC] How do you sync your org-mode files between n devices (n > 2)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 07:47:39 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> I have a problem. I need to sync my files between several devices
> (currently 3). At first, I thought the solution would have been to use
> mobileorg (that made sense since I also use an android device) but as
> far as I understand it, it is not really designed for that purpose (I
> have several agendas.org staying in the hierarchy with conflicts from
> all sources...)
>
> How do you sync your files easily and share them between 3, 4 or even
> more places ?

Dropbox.

I also use bitbucket for coding projects proper, but its overkill if you
just want to keep up to date with latest versions of files.

The nice thing about using Dropbox is that you don't need to check
anything in - as long as you save files you can just work away from you
desktop and then pick things up exactly where you left off on your
laptop.

If you have changes that you need to merge together on different devices
then you probably do want to use git or similar.