Re: [O] How to easily create a new export engine...

From: flammable project
Subject: Re: [O] How to easily create a new export engine...
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 22:14:33 +0200

Thanks Nocolas and Suvayu,

I will spend some time on ox-md.el and the section listed by Nicolas.

One last question:
If I choose to extend the existing back-end, would I be able to put all the code into a external file and allow the user to load it through it emacs config file?
I mean, I would like to add a support of Twitter Bootstrap trough the ox-html.el export engine. If the user add "(require 'ox-html-bootstrap)" into its ".emacs" file, it will allow the user to extend the ox-html export engine.
Does it seems possible?

Thanks

2013/9/3 Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden>
Hello,

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 03:37:05PM +0200, flammable project wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm looking for informations on how to create a new exporter based on the
>> new export engine.
>>
>> I want to convert org files into HTML files in which some "functions" from
>> Twitter Bootstrap framework will be instantiated via Emacs and Org-Mode.
>>
>> I'm quite fustrated because the org-export_generic.el file is obsolete and
>> I tried to use ox.el ox-ascii.el files but I was discouraged by their heavy
>> contents.
>>
>> Could you please tell how to easily find a good starting "point" ?
>
> You could take a look at ox-md.el; it derives from ox-html.el.  Since
> you want to add to ox-html.el, that might be a nice starting point.
>
> Needless to say, you should probably wait for Nicolas's comment.  He is
> the expert, I'm just a user who looks at the source from time to time
> ;).

The OP could also look at "12.13 Advanced configuration" from Org
manual. There's an example on how to extend an existing back-end.

There's also `org-export-define-derived-backend' docstring.

If the new exporter is not meant for public consumption and would always
be used instead of regular html back-end, defadvices are also fine.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou