Re: [O] org-insert-heading rewritten from scratch

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-insert-heading rewritten from scratch
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 15:38:16 +0200

> Hmmm, I thought you just asked me to implement exactly what you see,
> namely that M-RET will not remove empty lines above the cursor - only
> add them.  Did I misunderstand?

I think so.

M-RET should not remove (or add) anything when it has no information
whatsoever about what the user want, namely when behaviour is set to
`auto' _and_ number of blank lines (or lack thereof) cannot be deduced
from other headlines.

When `org-blank-before-new-entry' is set to t (respectively nil), the
message is pretty clear. There are no heuristics involved and the
function can add (respectively remove) blank lines to its heart's
contents.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Regards,

--