Re: [O] Carriage return in macro

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Carriage return in macro
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:35:57 +0530

Tim <address@hidden> writes:

> At Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:16:53 +0200,
> Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> > Is there any way to have carriage returns within the text of the
>> > macro ?
>>
>> No, there isn't. Macros target small substitutions.
>>
>> > I have already tried using the #+BEGIN_ODT...#+END_ODT construct, but that
>> > *really* messes with the format of the text within it.
>>
>> What do you mean? I don't know odt exporter very well, but contents of
>> the block should be included as-is.
>>
> If I put several lines into an #+BEGIN_ODT..#+END_ODT block, all whitespace
> formating is lost.  A list like
>
> - List one
> - List two
> - List three
>
> becomes
>
> - List one - List two - List three
>
> This is why I started puting the formatting on each line, and rather than
> type all of the <text:p... on every line, i created a macro.  Ill just stick
> with that i guess... still better than using a word processer ;-)
>
> Thanks
> Tim

The attached document shows how you can attach custom styles to
standalone paragraphs and the paragraph within lists.  You can export
with and without ATTR_ODT lines and see whether it offers what you want.

The changes are available from my git repository at

Web URL:  http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-kjn.git
Pull URL: http://repo.or.cz/r/org-mode/org-kjn.git

Note that the above URL is my own repository and not the official
Orgmode's.

I am CCing Nicolas.  Just in case...