Re: [O] from Android to org's calendar in a painless way?

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: [O] from Android to org's calendar in a painless way?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:38:28 -0400

Renato <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Renato:

> the other way around I find clumsy, because I have to remember, when
> on the computer, to open a specific file and refile entries.

This is how I do it:

     1. I have the file that I pulled to in my list of Agenda files so
        the appointments will show up immediately. This file is excluded
        in mobile push.

     2. I have an "Inbox" section in my daily agenda view listing all
        unfiled items include everything in the pull file. This way I
        can do bulk refiling too.

> So, is there a painless way of adding events into my org-mode calendar
> from my Android phone? By painless I mean as easy as adding something
> into Android's built-in calendar, or as close to that as possible

Yes, make sure "Synchronize with calendar". "Assimilate calendar
Entries" and "Delete on assimilation" are turned on in Mobileorg. You
can now just add appointment in your regular calendar program.

Charles

--
"All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory..."
(By Larry Wall)