Re: [O] koma letter exporter: changing the priority of options

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] koma letter exporter: changing the priority of options
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:06:47 +0200

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I could not find a way to do it another way, but I'll gladly take any
>>> suggestion. What we want is:
>>> - if email is set in the file, use it;
>>> - otherwise, use the one from the lco;
>>> - otherwise, use the default one.
>>
>>     (PREAMBLE-STRING    DEFAULT-VALUES    LCO    BUFFER-LOCAL)
>>
>> where a member of DEFAULT-VALUES is a cons, e.g.
>>
>>     ("fromname" . "Rasmus").
>>
>> Then we can remove all pairs from DEFAULT-VALUES where the first first
>> element (the "key") also exists in BUFFER-LOCAL.
>
> This could be a way to do it. However, I don't know how to detect the
> variables in the LCO file, which is why they may be duplicated in the
> tex file.

As Viktor argues, mainly ugly and fragile solutions exist to check the
LCO file (e.g. find the file with kpsewhich in texlive).  Yet, it
doesn't matter, as all you care about it the location of the variable
/depending/ on whether it's set in the buffer.

E.g.

#+LCO: test
* my letter
  text

produces

[...]
address@hidden
\LoadLetterOption{test}
[...]

which may or may not produce result in address@hidden being printed
depending on what test.lco contains.

On the other hand

#+EMAIL: address@hidden
#+LCO: test
* my letter
  text

triggers and updatedp variable (how to automate this I'd have to think
about) and

[...]
\LoadLetterOption{test}
address@hidden