[O] [bug] [babel] babel corrupts undo history

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [O] [bug] [babel] babel corrupts undo history
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 18:13:27 -0700

c-c ' c-c ' on this.  then undo or undo-tree-undo.

what happens is data corruption.  to me, undo is a low-level
operation that should always work, even with a syntactically
invalid block.

a relevant variable is org-src-preserve-indentation.  it is
possible to change it without changing a block.

===

#+BEGIN_SRC sh :noweb yes :results verbatim output
  (
      cat <<EOF
test
EOF
  ) 2>&1
  :
#+END_SRC

===

Emacs 24.2, recent Org, recent undo-tree-mode.

Thanks.

Samuel

P.S.  You might be wondering why I use a subshell and a
redirection followed by a null command.  This is because I
prefer to bypass Babel's error mechanism, which I find
confusing.  Doing exactly as above is the only way I know to
get Babel to work the way I prefer (although {} might or
might not work also).  I always do this for every block.  IMO it would
be great for newcomers if there were options in Babel sh blocks for
exactly this.

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.