Re: [O] orgmode and academic conferences advice needed: how to integrate

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode and academic conferences advice needed: how to integrate orgmode to capture ideas/data
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:17:11 +0200

* Xebar Saram <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all

Hi!

> im currently in Basel in a Academic conference and was thinking how one
> would "absorb" all the torrents of ideas/data/images/conversations quickly
> into org mode :) does any one have any real life experience with this? do
> you use mobile-org or that, or another method?
> i have an andorid phone/tablet and a laptop as well so i was wondering if
> any one had any ideas?

I am using my MobileOrg (Android) to quickly[1] add short notes and
URLs (share with ... MobileOrg) to myself while being on the road.

I think that there is no easy/quick way of adding other data than
simple test to Org-mode on the phone.

However, I always return with lots of new headings in my inbox.org
from events like research conferences and such :-)

  1. There is a capture widget
--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github