Re: [O] how to handle svg files when exporting orgmode to html and pdf?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] how to handle svg files when exporting orgmode to html and pdf?
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:19:45 -0400

Malcolm Cook <address@hidden> writes:

> When I "export to latex as PDF file", I get error "PDF file ./test.pdf
> wasn't produced"

In case of difficulties like this, I produce the tex file (C-c C-e l l)
and then I process it by hand:

 pdflatex --shell-escape foo.tex

Separates concerns nicely.

> Sleuthing, I see the output .tex file includes the following lines:
>
> \usepackage{svg}
> \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{mtcars.png}
> @@backend:\includesvg{mtcars}

This looks wrong. You probably want @@latex:\includesvg{mtcars}@@ in
your org file. In any case, the output in the tex file should be just

  \includesvg{mtcars}

Also, not sure how the \includegraphics is produced (are you evaluating a
source block?) but it should probably not be there, otherwise you are
going to get two images in your PDF.

--
Nick