Re: [O] How to pass named table reference in source block variable

From: Roland Donat
Subject: Re: [O] How to pass named table reference in source block variable
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 07:55:50 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas S. Dye <tsd <at> tsdye.com> writes:

> Roland Donat <roland.donat <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> >> Perhaps this can help:
> >>
> >> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/lob-table-
> > operations.html
> >>
> >> Alternatively, you might pass the table to a code block of a language
> >> that understands tables, such as an R data frame, and use that language
> >> to retrieve values by name.
> >>
> >> hth,
> >> Tom
> >>

> > Thank you for the link, I'll check it but seems that it won't solve the
> > problem. But anyway, I found a workaround that doesn't involve to insert
> > table reference.
>
> What is the workaround?
>
> All the best,
> Tom

Well, my main objective was to write piece of code in a given language X
including information stored in some org-table.

So my solution for now was to create some python functions able to generate
my code. I use babel to pass my org-table as input to the python function
and the result is another source block of language X containing the code
taking into account the information of my org-table.

I recognized that the solution seems quite heavy but I have already
developped some python wrapper for my language X so It takes me only 2 hours
to do the job.

All the best.

Roland.