Re: [O] Viewing notes in agenda log mode

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] Viewing notes in agenda log mode
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 10:13:57 -0700

Hi Manish,

Not sure if you mean showing them as if they were the headline?

[ or ] will show the headline (not the note itself) temporarily.

E will show a few of the first lines, but does not seem to work for notes.

I do this to make it permanent:

(setq org-agenda-include-inactive-timestamps t)

However, it is a defvar not a defcustom, it might exclude the
timestamp in the closed entry, and there is no built-in way to turn it
(and only it) off that I know of.  Turning this into an agenda log
mode item would be an interesting solution.

IMO there are several other interesting possibilities that can be
considered at the same time, such as a new face for these lines,
making E show the matching lines for text search, making log mode item
types be treated as tags, etc.

Not sure if any of that helped at all.  I guess you want E to work for
these lines?

Samuel

On 8/7/13, Manish <address@hidden> wrote:
> I like to take notes with "z" in agenda mode logging progress of tasks as I
> move through the day.  Is it possible today to enable viewing these notes
> (first line only) when log mode is turned on the agenda mode the way todo
> state changes or clock lines are shown?
>
> Cheers!
> --Manish

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.