Re: [O] LaTex Adjustments for Org-Export

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: Re: [O] LaTex Adjustments for Org-Export
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 16:49:01 -0400

On Jul 31, 2013 8:28 AM, "Jeff Rush" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to export a .org file to .pdf and although I've gotten past
> many formatting hurdles, I am stuck on two problems.

<snip>

> 2) How can I change the basic formatting of paragraphs everywhere to
>
>      a) omit the leading indent, and
>      b) have a blank line between paragraphs
>
>     Instead of this strange-looking style:
>
>         This is a test paragraph
>     of the following kind of thing.
>         And so is this one.
>
>     I want it to look like this:
>
>     This is a test paragraph
>     of the following kind of thing.
>       And so is this one.

Hi all,

(Catching up on the traffic, so a bit late to the thread.)

I don't use org's export facilities, so I am not sure how and where to object this into org's export process. But, the LaTeX way is to use the parskip package.

Please do reconsider, though. Just about every book on my shelves follows what you label a 'strange style,' for the good reason that the style you favour can result in ambiguity. (A paragraph that ends a page, takes up the entire last line and is followed by a new paragraph cannot be distinguished from a paragraph that spans the page break.)

Best,

Brian vdB