Re: [O] problems with continuous clocking

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] problems with continuous clocking
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 21:19:54 +0200

Hildegund Mythenmetz wrote:
> I am often fixing endtimes for clocked items, because I forgot to clock out
> (using the function org-resolve-clocks and using the K option (keep x
> minutes).

Do you forget to clock out when quitting Emacs?  If yes, add this to your
.emacs:

    ;; ask the user if they wish to clock out before killing Emacs
    (defun leuven--org-query-clock-out ()
      "Ask the user before clocking out.
    This is a useful function for adding to `kill-emacs-query-functions'."
      (if (and (featurep 'org-clock)
               (funcall 'org-clocking-p)
               (y-or-n-p "You are currently clocking time, clock out? "))
          (org-clock-out)
        t)) ;; only fails on keyboard quit or error

    (add-hook 'kill-emacs-query-functions 'leuven--org-query-clock-out)

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban