Re: [O] Latest Org Compatible with Emacs 23.3.1

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: Re: [O] Latest Org Compatible with Emacs 23.3.1
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 21:59:19 -0400

  >> The messages suggest that 8.0.6 is not compatible with my version of
  >> Emacs.

  ng> Org will try to be compatible with Emacs 23 at least until Emacs
  ng> 25 release. I fixed the compilation errors. They should be gone in
  ng> Org 8.0.7.

Excellent!

How did you "get around" the missing Emacs functions (scroll-up-line and
scroll-down-line)?  Made/included your own?  ;-)

  ng> Thank you for reporting them.

You are welcome.

  >> Though I was able to run it, I am concerned that some of the
  >> functionality might be "broken" and I'll run into "trouble" later.

  ng> The errors you're getting are minor (they are about exporter
  ng> UI). I'm pretty sure you can use current version without problems,
  ng> until next one is out.

OK, guess I'll continue using 8.0.6 until the 8.0.7 release.

I appreciate the prompt and helpful reply!

  -Kenneth