Re: [O] Encoding Problem in export?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Encoding Problem in export?
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 13:22:45 +0200

Hello,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> If Org links are escaped by Org will the URLs be functional outside of
> Org?

If there is an "unencoding" part, and if that part cannot happen for
some reason, links will be unusable outside Org.

That's already the case with the current encoding, which will break, for
example, links already hexified if it cannot unencode them properly.

> If Org is a MUST to unescape the link then it would be a good decision
> to re-look at the link syntax so that the questions of escape and
> un-escape is dealt with squarely and have no reasons to arise in
> future.

We can also avoid any encoding, and extend link syntax so it allows
balanced square brackets (with a maximum depth, otherwise we cannot use
a regexp for bracket links anymore).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou