Re: [O] [babel] Table as varaiables a differently proccesed by #+call li

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Table as varaiables a differently proccesed by #+call lines vs. source code blocks
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:40:23 +0200

Dear Eric,

please find attached a patch, to describe the different standard values for system-wide header arguments in the manual.
Hope that might help to avoid confusion in the future.

All the best

Torsten

On 25 July 2013 00:30, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Rick, Hi Sebastien,
>
> thanks for your inputs.
> Well I guess Sebastien is half-right. The different settings make at least
> it even more tricky to see what is going on.
> Here is a table with the settings as I found them on my system (which I did
> not change)
>
> #+BEGIN_ORG
>
> | org-babel-default-header-args        | ((:session . "none") (:results .
> "replace") (:exports . "code") (:cache . "no") (:noweb . "no") (:hlines .
> "no") (:tangle . "no") (:padnewline . "yes")) |
> | org-babel-default-lob-header-args    | ((:exports .
> "results"))
> |
> | org-babel-default-inline-header-args | ((:session . "none")(:results .
> "replace")(:exports .
> "results"))
> |

> #+END_ORG
>
> As you can see the most prominent cause for trouble might be :hlines
> As Rick should in his message it does still not solve all problems but it
> helps to make it more clear.

This is related to
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/73976/focus=74175.

> I assume Eric is on holiday or otherwise busy but I guess he will find this
> thread and might can give us some idea, whether there was an intention in
> dealing with tables in that way or whether it is really considered as a bug.

Yes, I've been very busy.

> However, Sebastian pointed out a very important fact. Different default
> settings for different ways of calling a source code block. I believe that
> this should find its way into the manual.

I'm happy to apply patches to the manual.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte