[O] org-forward-element looses selection on code blocks

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [O] org-forward-element looses selection on code blocks
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:41:01 +0200

Hello,

Up to quite recently, I could select ("region") code blocks or multiple
consecutive paragraphs by pressing <C-down> which ran `forward-paragraph'.

Now that <C-down> is mapped to `org-forward-element':

- I can't select any code block anymore via <C-down> (well line by line with
  <down>).

- I can't select consecutive paragraphs from following subtrees.

I think I can live with the latter, but I find the former very inconvenient.

Is there a plan to fix it in `org-forward-element' (IOW, do we consider that
as a bug or a feature, or not at all?), or must I remap <C-down> back to its
old command?

Best regards,
  Seb

--