Re: [O] Simplifying the weekly agenda a tiny bit, howto?

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] Simplifying the weekly agenda a tiny bit, howto?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 10:42:41 -0400

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> First of all, if your event is a meeting, it should only be
> timestamped, not deadlined or scheduled.  Then it will just show up
> where it's supposed to, and not before (or after).

How do I get it quickly rescheduled then, when it is a regular activity?
I find fairly convenient using "t d" to push an activity at its next
slot in the future.  Could I do something equivalent with mere time
stamps?

> It probably shouldn't even be a TODO.  Otherwise, scheduled TODOs show
> up on their schedule, and deadlined TODOs show up on their deadline,
> and also today's agenda, if you're coming up on the deadline.

There are many Org commands able to find, display and otherwise handle
TODOs.  If I stop using such keywords, wouldn't I give up the tools?
Maybe there are ways to reformulate them all using other commands, but
at fist, it would require some searching, and acquiring new habits,
presuming that there are alternative ways for all such tools.

> There are a host of variables [...]  Check out variables starting
> org-agenda-skip-*, org-agenda-ignore-*, org-agenda-include-*,
> org-deadline-*, org-scheduled-* [...] Hope that helps,

Undoubtedly :-).  Thanks!

François