Re: [O] Should comments break paragraphs?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Should comments break paragraphs?
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:17:30 +0200

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> I think everyone agrees that comments are an important part of Org.

Then I, for one, am not in the "everyone" part. FWIW, I think comments
are a minor part of Org and that we're just bikeshedding.

> Nicolas, apart from the current code, what theoretically prevents Org
> from considering them as *empty* lines (not blank lines)?

This question is too vague.

What is the difference between an empty line and the way they are
treated actually? More importantly, where, precisely, comments should be
allowed to appear in an Org buffer?

IOW, you need to define exactly what a comment should be in Org, first,
if the current definition doesn't suit you (or someone else willing to
change it). Then, we'll know where the pitfalls are.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou