Re: [O] Should comments break paragraphs?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Should comments break paragraphs?
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 08:53:11 +0200

Christian Wittern <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2013-07-16 03:54, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> Yes. Comments are elements. Elements cannot be found in paragraphs.
> Hmm.  In my book, the concept of comments implies that they should be
> able to appear on any line in the text, without altering the meaning
> of the context it appears in.  So to me, it would seem necessary to
> treat comments as special, different from other elements.
>
> Just my 2 yen,

I have to agree with you here: a comment should *not* impact on the
result, because if it does, it is not a comment anymore, but a command.

It should be exported in the exporter as either a comment in the
resulting document (e.g %% in LaTeX, a comment or note in odt, ...) or
ignored in the exported document, but definitely not have an impact on
the *layout* of the document.

Cheers,

Rainer

--