Re: [O] Problems with LaTeX source block

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: [O] Problems with LaTeX source block
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:24:33 +0200

Hi Andreas

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:

> try that instead
>
> #+NAME: python-tikz
> #+header: :results raw :file py2tikz_sin.png
> #+header: :imagemagick yes :fit yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz,pgfplots}")
> #+BEGIN_SRC latex :exports results
>   \begin{tikzpicture}
>     \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
>     \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
>     \draw[->] (a) -- (b);
>   \end{tikzpicture}
> #+END_SRC

> for problem one:  you are missing the :imagemagick yes header argument,
> which is necessary to do the latex->png conversion.  Also, the filename
> is inserted for you and is, thus, not part of the latex block.

Thanks for clarifying it, in the worg page:
The standard :file header argument associated with a LaTeX source code
block by itself can take the name of either a Portable Network Graphics
(png) or a Portable Document Format (pdf) file. File names for other
bitmap file types can be supplied in conjunction with the :imagemagick
header argument, described below.
the "other bitmap file types" led me to believe that imagemagick was not
needed for png.

> for problem two: :results raw solves that, although I agree that
> :results file should work here.

If it were to work, what would be the difference ? Would I need to add a
command in the LaTeX code to print the name of the file I want to link
to ?

Thanks for your precious help. I'm always amazed at the responsiveness
and helpfulness of this list.

Julien, eager to contribute but still not very useful.