Re: [O] Several questions about beamer export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Several questions about beamer export
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:05:56 -0400

Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

> Darlan Cavalcante Moreira <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I don't think you can change the behavior of a link type to take into
>> account somethink similar to graphicspath, but you can easily define
>> custom link types: For instance, put this in your org-file
>> #+LINK: fig file:my_figure_path/%s
>>
>> Then you will be able to You write a link such as
>>
>> [[fig:some_figure.png]]
>
> It looks perfect, unfortunately, I can't get it to work:
>
> #+LINK: fig file:/home/wilk/enseignement/doc_cours/optique/%s
>
> [[fig:test.jpg]]
> [[file:/home/wilk/enseignement/doc_cours/optique/test.jpg]]
>
> The second one gives a picture, the first one doesn't. I'm running a
> fairly recent git pull of org-mode, and this possibility is described in
> its info file.

It works fine here. The relevant function is org-link-expand-abbrev and
it depends on the variables org-link-abbrev-alist and
org-link-abbrev-alist-local.  The latter gets initialized from the
former and any #+LINK lines in the buffer are added on to it. In my
case, the first one is nil, so the second one is affected only by the
#+LINK lines in the org buffer. In the context of the org buffer
containing the link line, check that the variable is set:

        C-h v org-link-abbrev-alist-alist-local RET

should say that the variable has the value

  (("fig" . "file:/home/wilk/enseignement/doc_cours/optique/%s"))

If that is the case, then again in the context of the buffer,
doing

    ESC ESC : (org-link-expand-abbrev "fig:test.jpg") RET

should return the expanded value

    "file:/home/wilk/enseignement/doc_cours/optique/test.jpg"

Hope this helps to track it down.

>> ps: Remember to do "C-c C-c" in the #+LINK line after you insert it.
>
> I was just about to ask about it, thanks !

Closing and reopening the file should take care of the initialization
as well.

--
Nick