Re: [O] Export to LaTeX and Beamer

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Export to LaTeX and Beamer
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 22:25:18 +0200

Hello Julien,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:41:45PM +0200, Julien Cubizolles wrote:
> I need to export different parts of an org file with different LaTeX
> classes, one of which is a beamer style.
>
> I've come up with the following solution: manually switching the
> LATEX_CLASS for each export, and using SELECT_TAGS to choose which
> headings to export. For the following file

Sounds a bit clumsy; are you aware of subtree export[1]?  However I'm
not sure if you can export the same headline with different backends
with subtree export.

> does the trick but what if I don't want to export the title of the
> heading but just the text ? I can use the noheading BEAMER_ENV for
> beamer export but I couldn't find a corresponding option for plain
> LaTeX.

There is none, but you can use filters to achieve this.  Take a look
here:
<https://github.com/suvayu/.emacs.d/blob/master/org-mode-config.el#L258>
Do note, as the comment says, I have not tested it extensively.

Hope this helps,

Footnotes:

[1] (info "(org) The Export Dispatcher")"

--
Suvayu