Re: [O] collect info from org files in agenda when open?

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [O] collect info from org files in agenda when open?
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 10:33:15 +0200

Hi Noorul, org-mod users and developers,
* Noorul Islam K M <address@hidden> [13. Jul. 2013]:
> Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:
>> I customized my org-agenda-files variable to contain 4 files.
>> But I wished I could automatically add org files to the agenda
>> simply by opening them.  Is it possible to automagically add
>> some files to the agenda iff they are visited or add the contents
>> of org-mode buffers?
>
> I am not sure whether you already went through contents of this link.
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-files.html

Yes I read this part of the manual before posting my question.

As I understand the manual, I have the possibility to customize a
static list of agenda files in org-agenda-files or to manually
add and remove org files from the agenda or restrict the agenda
manually.
I do not see how to *automatically* add open org-files to the
agenda?  Perhaps I could do this with some hooks?

Actually I think a static list of files which contribute to the
agenda is fine.
But I wished there was also the ability to define a list of files
which do only contribute to the agenda if already open
(preferably with some pattern matching, so one could customize
org to add any open org file to the agenda).

Ciao, Gregor
--