Re: [O] Help with new exporter

From: John Rakestraw
Subject: Re: [O] Help with new exporter
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:05:28 -0400

Success!

Thanks to all for your help. I really do appreciate your time.

I cannot figure out why I'm getting the brackets that no one else is
getting (Rasmus -- my problem is that they're there and I don't want
them), but I now have a filter that will take them out:

     (defun jr-org-delete-brackets-from-tex-file
       (text backend info)
       (replace-regexp-in-string "\\[\\]" "" text))

     (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions
                  'jr-org-delete-brackets-from-tex-file)

Now to explore how to implement this only when I'm using the exam document class, perhaps by using a derived backend. (It may be that it won't cause
any problems with other classes, but it seems sloppy to have it working
all the time, no?)

Thanks to Robert for the detailed and careful responses, to Charles for
suggesting the filters, and to Rasmus for the example that helped me
straighten me out at the end.

And I can't resist an aside to Nick -- I've really appreciated both the
tone and the content of your detailed contributions to this list over the years. I find it difficult to believe that you're more pessimistic than I am, but I take some odd pleasure in making something work that you thought
wouldn't work. ;-)

--John

--
John Rakestraw