Re: [O] Cannot convert to Odt

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Cannot convert to Odt
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:39:17 +0530

Tim Hawes <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem was a shell code fragment, the parser did not know what to
> do with:
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh
>   nodaemon)
>     nodaemon()
>     ;;
> #+END_SRC
>
> Just making the code more comprehensible as shell code as thus:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh
> case "$1" in
>   nodaemon)
>     nodaemon()
>     ;;
> esac
> #+END_SRC
>
> or changing the code segment into EXAMPLE instead, fixes it. It converts
> under 7.8.11 and 8.0.5

I don't use Org-mode or Babel myself.  I don't understand shell code.

Different backends use different engines for colorizing source blocks.

    ODT uses htmlfontify.
    HTML uses htmlize.
    LaTeX probably relies on TeX packages like minted etc.

I suspect the problem could be in htmlfontify library or the exporter
interfaces with it.  If you could post a complete minimal snippet by
removing ellipses etc., I can do some post-mortem and narrow the issue
further.

You can turn off the colors on source blocks by customizing,

     M-x customize-variable RET org-odt-fontify-srcblocks RET

So, instead of switching to EXAMPLE blocks you can just turn off
colorization and see whether problem is reproducible.  This is a sure
proof that there is something amiss in htmlfontify.el or how the expoter
interfaces with it.