Re: [O] Help with new exporter

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Help with new exporter
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 21:56:44 +0200

Hi John,

Sorry, I meant to email this to the list . . .

> My problem is that I can't get the exporter to produce chunks like
> this:
>
> \begin{questions}
> \question
> A paragraph describing how the students should answer the following
> questions.
> \begin{parts}
> \part
> A multi-line question
> \part
> Another multi-line question
> \end{parts}
> \end{questions}

1. You could let * SOMETHING become a section.  See "The sectioning
structure" (it seems you already tried, though).  This would allow you
to get around your problem using usual org latex classes.
Cf. Robert's solution.

2. Presumably, the best way way to do this is to make a derived back-end,
see

    http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-export-reference.html

What you first need to think about is how you want your Org files to
look.

E.g.:

* question 1
  A paragraph describing how the students should answer the following
  questions.
  1. A multi-line question
  2. Another multi-line question?

Then you have to define the appropriate functions for your backend.
It won't be many since it inherits everything from the LaTeX class.

Of ocurse whether this is necessary depends on how much you want to
'specialize' the org layout compared to the 'usual' LaTeX org-layout.

–Rasmus

--
May the Force be with you