Re: [O] Can `org-element-map' act on secondary-strings?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Can `org-element-map' act on secondary-strings?
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 19:38:50 +0530

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> You don't need `org-data' type. The tree root doesn't have any property
>> anyway.
>
> I used that because I wanted the whole parse-tree as return value, but
> no matter what `org-element-map' returns, it changes the parse-tree by
> side-effects anyway, so I can just ignore the return value and use the
> modified parse-tree stored somewhere instead - right?

I have a hard time trying to imagine what you are trying to do.  You
should try to explain to us what you are trying to accomplish.

    Why are you storing a parse-tree?

    What does the parse-tree store?

    Does the buffer of which it is a representation change, when the parse
    tree changes.

    How are you trying to "use" the parse tree?  Is it meant for one-way
    or two-way conversion - i.e., interpretation or exportation.