Re: [O] [RFC] Changing internal representation of back-ends to defstruct

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Changing internal representation of back-ends to defstructs
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 12:15:22 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Funnily enough, I had to export a table in CSV format just last week and
>> this function would have been great.
>
> Well, you do have
>
> M-x org-table-export RET table.csv
>
> and it exports to csv already...

Arggghhh.  Yes, this is there.  I missed it because I did not give a
.csv file name; I gave a file name without extension for some
reason.  It seems that the export command's options for format depend on
the name of the file so I was only given an export to TSV option.

Playing around now, it seems that if any extension is given (I tried
.csv, .data, .txt, .blah, .foobar), then export-to-csv is the
default.  If no extension is given, export-to-tsv is the only
option.  Not what I expected!

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.0.3-225-g8e9c10