Re: [O] org-odt-export-to-odt: hide text

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [O] org-odt-export-to-odt: hide text
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 15:48:39 +0700

> You put your translation table in an org table, and there's a command to
> slurp that into a hashtable. The translation commands just whizz through
> the text and swap strings, basically. You can do subtree/region/file,
> tag subtrees to translate or not to translate, and there are interactive
> (a la query-replace) and noninteractive (for use as an export hook)
> versions.

  This is the usual gettext approach, which centralizes translations in a file
(or table). When you change the original, your strings won't be found and you
must update the translation table.
  I prefer the approach of having a phrase's translations together, so that you
when you make a change you can update the translations from the same place.
  An overlay system in Emacs could show only „the current language“ and hide
the others, then with some keys you could cycle through languages.
  I think this is something that can be done at an Emacs level (since it's for
any text file), and org can simply use it.