Re: [O] advice needed: how do you guys sync org files between devices?

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: Re: [O] advice needed: how do you guys sync org files between devices?
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 08:30:50 -0400

Wow

thx guys, so many great tips ill slowly start looking into them. as i said i am a neewb (and not to technical :)).

Alan, a unison guide focused on org would be great as some of the guys mentioned.

best to all and thx alot for the info its truly helpful

take care

-Itai

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 6:17 AM, Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 01:25:26PM -0300, Tomas Grigera wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Brian van den Broek <
> address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > bzr and hg are (superficially?) easier and git is pretty dominant.

 [...chomp...chomp...chomp...]

> But I agree with Brian that in the long run, though harder to learn, git is
> a charm.

A comment about using git:

I have noticed that git *always* conflicts with TODO state changes.  It
seems changes to a headline is not easy to resolve.  This is where the
Org merge tool would be perfect.  There was a GSoC project[1], but I
have not tested the end result.  As far as I recall, although
functional, it was not complete.

Please do not take this as a vote against using git, I use it myself and
I'm a big git enthusiast (as many on the list know by now :-p).

Cheers,

Footnotes:

[1] <http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects/git-merge-tool/>

--