Re: [O] finding a parent node

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] finding a parent node
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 13:06:34 +0200

address@hidden (Łukasz Stelmach) writes:

Hello Lukasz,

assume my simple-test.org with a :TASK: tag:

#+begin_src org
* header 1
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CUSTOM_ID: XYZ22
  :END:
* header 2                             :TASK:
  [2013-06-28 Fr 11:01]
** subheader 1
Some text
** subheader 2

More text and a table

| label  | col1 | col2 |
|--------+------+------|
| string | 3    | 4    |

Text and a src-block

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
 (+ 3 4)
#+end_src

#+end_src

> With my point somewher deep I'like to find the closest parent heading
> tagged :TASKS:.

Lets move point to the source-block and get `org-element-context':

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(with-current-buffer
    (find-file
     "/path/to/simple-test.org")
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (org-babel-next-src-block)
    (message "%s" (point))
     (format "%s"
     (org-element-context)))
#+end_src

#+begin_quote
"(src-block (:language emacs-lisp :switches nil :parameters nil :begin 319
 :end 362 :number-lines nil :preserve-indent nil :retain-labels t :use-labels
 t :label-fmt nil :hiddenp nil :value (+ 3 4) :post-blank 0 :post-affiliated
 319 :parent nil))"
#+end_quote

too bad, does not work in isolated use, :parent is nil. Othewise one could
get the parent(s) and check for the :TASK: tag.

So the only way to find this headline I know of would be:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(with-current-buffer
  (find-file-noselect
     "/path/to/simple-test.org")
  (let ((tree (org-element-parse-buffer)))
  (org-element-map tree 'headline
   (lambda (hl)
     (and
      (member "TASK" (org-element-property :tags hl))
      (list (org-element-property :begin hl)
            (org-element-property :end hl)))))))
#+end_src

returns

,-----------
| ((55 362))

so you could at least find out if (point) is inside a headline with a :TASK:
tag, then get this headline and use its attribute list to move to some place
inside of it.

But I'm sure Nicolas can give you a much better solution (I would be
interested in that solution too).

--
cheers,
Thorsten