Re: [O] [RFC] Introduce ox-i18n.el

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Introduce ox-i18n.el
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 17:01:41 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

> I would like to move every variable and function related to
> internationalization (i.e smart quotes and translations) in a dedicated
> file ("ox-i18n.el") instead of "ox.el".
>
> Considering "ox.el" is 6k lines long, I think it can be a bit tedious to
> locate and modify internationalization entries. And since we are missing
> quite a few translations, every little bit can help.

Maybe we can generalize even more, call it org-i18n.el and have
`org-clock-clocktable-language-setup' (and maybe others) included?

If ox-i18n.el exists, it will be confusing to have other i18n
pieces in other part of Org.

If the *only* purpose is to boost translations, I don't think
moving the code the right thing to do: we simply need to give
more pointers on the website on how to help with it.

2 cts,

--
 Bastien