Re: [O] Modifying the Beamer Exporter

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Modifying the Beamer Exporter
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 15:48:28 +0200

>> I want to include my collaborators in the header of each org file just
>> as I would authors, that is by including a line like
>>
>> #+COLLABORATORS: Alice & Bob
>>
>> I've found some limited documentation on modifying the exporter (manual
>> section 12.3) and taken a look at ox.el, ox-latex.el, ox-beamer.el, etc.
>>
>> What I did was:
>>   + Create a new backend derived from the beamer one
>>     + add COLLABORATORS to its options-alist
>>     + set the template (in translate-alist) to one handling collaborators
>>
>> This works, but before I continued on making other modifications (in a
>> similar vein), I wanted to check in with people with a higher level
>> understanding.

In general if it's generally useful make a patch (if feasible). . .

Could you point out exactly which function (with ref to the Beamer
manual) you're using?  Searching for collaborator in the manual didn't
give me any hints. . .

> Maybe, maybe not.  Difficult to say unless you give us a better idea of
> what kind of changes you plan on making.

To add to Eric's comment: Filters is a viable option and potentially
more sustainable if your code ain't submitted up stream.

It depends on the nature of your changes.

–Rasmus

--
This is the kind of tedious nonsense up with which I will not put