Re: [O] Add figure/table numbers to HTML captions

From: Yoshinari Nomura
Subject: Re: [O] Add figure/table numbers to HTML captions
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 20:51:36 +0900 (JST)

Hi Nicolas,

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:23:41 +0200,
        Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> said:

>   (setq caption-predicate
>         (if (org-element-property :caption destination)
>        (lambda (elem &optional info)
>          (org-element-property :caption elem))
>           (lambda (elem &optional info)
>            (not (org-element-property :caption elem)))))
>
> I suggest to drop the "else" part. If destination hasn't got any
> caption, numbering doesn't make much sense anyway. You can re-use
> `org-html--has-caption-p'.

Ah, you are right. I was a little bit paranoia. My intention was: if a
destination of link hasn't got any destination, the link should express
the *nth* non-caption figure.

>> Let me confirm, do you mean I should have add :default value to the ``ja''
>> entry like: ("ja" :default "図" :html "&#22259;" :utf-8 "図")? In this
>> case, is the `:utf-8' meaning-less? Also, can I put UTF-8 word in
>> `:default'?
>
> :utf-8 will be used for ODT export and UTF-8 export. LaTeX export will
> try to use, in this order, :latex, :default and "Figure %d:". Plain
> ASCII will use, in this order, :ascii, :default and "Figure %d:".
>
> I suggest to use a simple entry for :default, maybe romanji, if it makes
> sense. You can also use UTF-8 encoding as :default, and provide some
> meaningful translation for :ascii.

Thanks for your clear explanation. For many Japanese, :default value
should be "Figure: %d:", even though we are not good at English :)
I want this left blank.

Regards,
--
Yoshinari Nomura