Re: [O] How to let Org Agenda search all files in a directory *recursive

From: J. David Boyd
Subject: Re: [O] How to let Org Agenda search all files in a directory *recursively* ?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:20:31 -0400

chris <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to set up Org-mode variable "org-agenda-files".
>
> How to Let [C-c a] to search over all files in a directory *recursively* ?

It's in the doc help for org-agenda-files:

   The files to be used for agenda display.
   Entries may be added to this list with M-x org-agenda-file-to-front and
removed with
   M-x org-remove-file.  You can also use customize to edit the list.

   If an entry is a directory, all files in that directory that are matched by
   `org-agenda-file-regexp' will be part of the file list.

   If the value of the variable is not a list but a single file name, then
   the list of agenda files is actually stored and maintained in that file, one
   agenda file per line.  In this file paths can be given relative to
   `org-directory'.  Tilde expansion and environment variable substitution
   are also made.

So just set it to be a directory, as I do.

Dave