[O] feature request

From: 42 147
Subject: [O] feature request
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:22:36 -0400

Org-mode has proven tremendously useful in writing musical analyses, but
it would also be nice to provide musical examples in plain text.

Is there anything like this available? If not, I may try to do it
myself. I'm finally getting my act together and finishing the Emacs Lisp
Intro; but any help pointing me to the right examples, or the right
conceptual frameworks would be much appreciate.

Here is more or less what I would want:

----------
----------
----------
----------
----------

Pretend that is the staff. The user places the cursor on the staff, and
therefore enters "note entry mode." The "note-entry" function is passed
three args: one for the note, two for the rhythmic value. So if the user
presses "F," "F" is passed as the first argument; if the user enters
"8", "8" is passed as the second argument; if the user enters ".", "."
is passed as the third argument.

This produces a dotted 8th F note on the staff. The third argument is
optional (since not all rhythmic values are dotted), and its value is
nil by default.

Anyway, that is a draft of what I would want. May already exist with
slightly different functionality.