Re: [O] Setting a parametric org-agenda-skip-function?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] Setting a parametric org-agenda-skip-function?
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 16:19:01 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to have a custom agenda where I say I want to skip some
> tags. I wrote a function that does what I want (it takes two arguments:
> the list of tags to keep, and a boolean that says whether entries with
> no tags should be kept). The function works well, but for some reason it
> is not called. Here is how I try to call it:
>
>  ("w" "Work Agenda"
>   ((agenda ""
>            ((org-agenda-skip-function
>              '(org-agenda-skip-entry-unless-tags
>                my-work-tags
>                t))))
>
> I make org-agenda-skip-entry-unless-tags as debugged, and when I call
> this agenda view, I don't go in the debugger, so I guess it is not
> called.

I'm still trying to investigate this, but I can't find out how to step
in the debugger for this. I tried using a "skip everything" function,
defined as:

(defun as/skip-everything ()
  (let ((next-headline (save-excursion (or (outline-next-heading)
(point-max)))))
    next-headline))
)

and it is taken into account. However, I can't seem to debug this
function (if I C-u C-M-x it, running the agenda generation command
works, and everything is skipped, but I don't get into the
debugger). This is quite strange because I can debug skipping functions
for tags-todo blocks, but for some reason I cannot debug skipping
functions for agenda blocks.

Is there something special about how skipping functions work with agenda
blocks? I'd appreciate any hint on how to try to debug this.

Thanks,

Alan