Re: [O] Bug in export orgtbl / LaTeX

From: AW
Subject: Re: [O] Bug in export orgtbl / LaTeX
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:41:30 +0200

Am Dienstag, 18. Juni 2013, 22:12:03 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> Take 2. We can implement back :splice property. The others are much less
> useful.
>
>   (defun orgtbl-to-latex (table params)
>     "Convert the orgtbl-mode TABLE to LaTeX.
>   TABLE is a list, each entry either the symbol `hline' for
>   a horizontal separator line, or a list of fields for that line.
>   PARAMS is a property list of parameters that can influence the
>   conversion.  Currently this function recognizes the following
>   parameters:
>
>   :splice    When set to t, return only table body lines, don't wrap
>              them into a \"tabular\" environment.  Default is nil."
>     (require 'ox-latex)
>     (let ((table-string (orgtbl-to-orgtbl table nil)))
>       (if (not (plist-get params :splice))
>           (org-export-string-as table-string 'latex t '(:with-tables t))
>         ;; If :splice is non-nil, we create a temporary back-end,
>         ;; `latex-tmp', derived from `latex', but with a transparent
>         ;; table translator.
>         (let ((org-export-registered-backends
> org-export-registered-backends)) (org-export-define-derived-backend
> 'latex-tmp 'latex
>             :translate-alist (list (cons 'table (lambda (e c i) c))))
>           (org-export-string-as table-string 'latex-tmp t '(:with-tables
> t))))))
>
> WDYT?

WDIT? Let's be carefull,  maybe I got it the wrong way:

I put your "take 2" from "(defun ..." until "t))))))" into my .emacs
(somewhere) and restarted Emacs.

Result: If I C-c C-c on the orgtbl from my example, the output still is full
of

\begin{enumerate}
\item installment
\end{enumerate}

So there is something wrong.

But if I put your code into scratch and press C-M-x, change to the buffer with
the *.tex-file and repeat C-c C-c on the orgtbl, it works properly.

I can live with that way. So WDIT: thank you very much!

Regards,

Alexander