[O] how to refile without refiling in order to cache a restricted refile

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [O] how to refile without refiling in order to cache a restricted refile?
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:09:14 -0700

I use the refile cache, but there is one operation that is not
performed by the caching.

The first call to refile after rebuilding the cache takes seconds to
run.  Subsequent calls are much faster.

How can I do a refile without refiling in the following defun?

(defun hoka-org-refile-rebuild-cache ()
  (org-refile-cache-clear)
  (org-refile-get-targets))

What I want is to know what to do after the last form in that defun.

The slowdown seems to occur when the first refile is not the full set
of headlines.  I do that like this:

(defun hoka-org-refile-restricted ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((org-refile-targets alpha-org-refile-targets-restricted))
    (call-interactively 'org-refile)))

Thanks.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.