[O] orgstruct: broken global visibility cycling, when in comments

From: Nathaniel Cunningham
Subject: [O] orgstruct: broken global visibility cycling, when in comments
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 23:30:10 -0500

I'm attempting to use orgstruct minor mode in emacs-lisp-mode (org 8.0.3 in recent Aquamacs and in vanilla Emacs 24.3.1).  I find:
- cycling an individual headline using tab key works fine
- global cycling via S-Tab (when on a headline) to more expanded visibility (e.g. OVERVIEW --> CONTENTS or CONTENTS --> SHOW ALL) works fine
- global cycling via S-Tab (when on a headline) to more limited visibility fails without error (echo area still reports OVERVIEW or CONTENTS, etc.)

I have orgstruct-heading-prefix-regexp set to "^;;".
Example buffer contents that fail global cycling to narrower scope:

;; Testcase for orgstruct-mode in emacs-lisp-mode
;;* top level headline 1
;;** 2nd level headline A
(setq var2 "value2")
;;** 2nd level headline B
(setq var3 "value3")
;;** 2nd level headline C
(setq var4 "value4")
;;* top level headline 2
(setq var5 "value5")

I find no trouble with global cycling if I remove the ";;" comment characters in all headlines and set orgstruct-heading-prefix-regexp to nil.

I suspect this is a bug; but perhaps I'm doing something wrong?  Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Nathaniel